18 July 2005

Workout - turning over a new leaf.....


Workout
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.


Here is the end result.... soaked work out clothes piled in the middle of the floor, three liters of water consumed and, me - feeling exhilerated!


Okay - from the beginning. A long long time ago when I was young, dumb and stupid - I became a life time member of Bally Total Fitness. The problemo - I lived one hour from a gym in Michigan. When I was commuting to Ann Arbor on a daily basis it worked out. Then I was cut back to two or three times a week for a while - and Bally's came a thing of the past. The times that I commuted almost every day before we moved - I was too tired and stressed to work out. Upon moving to Chicago we discovered the Bally gym a mere six blocks from us - a 5 minute brisk walk and 10 minute warm up walk. (Did I mention that I only pay like.... $8.00 a month to keep this membership alive....) I had started a nice routine of working out once I moved here and the hubby even joined. The girls had child care and all was good...... Then something happenedNot sure what happened - but I didn't go anymore.... (life happens????)Upon explaining this story to my friend Melinda while she was here - I was literally shamed in to turning over a new leaf. Actually - all the walking we did - in the middle of the day, sun bright, heat emanating all around us - I was envigorated to get in the mood again. (Telling Melinda was also egging me on....)


So - today - I looked at my gym bag...
I walked by it a few times.....
(I may have even kicked it a few times...)
Remembered my promise to go to the gym today - period -
NO EXCUSES.
Now I am even thinking of a walk/run after work in the AM....
All I need is the prayers to keep disciplined....
This seems to be my down fall.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home