17 July 2005

Melinda's Visit


All the girls
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
What an AWESOME weekend we had. (I need to expand my vocab beyond the word - AWESOME - but there is no better description). We had returned from Australia - normally I work EVERY Weekend but this weekend I had off. I recieved an Email (among 100 emails) from Melinda - my friend - who moved to Guatemala a little over two years ago. She had returned to MI this summer for a visit. She needed to come to Chicago to drop her cousin - Olivia - at O'hare Airport for a flight home to WA. She asked if were able to put up a couple of borders for the night so she could come VISIT!!!! Without hesitation - the answer was YES YES YES (literally I think that was what I put in the email). So they bunked at our place. Her daughter Erin also came with. The girls had a blast with Erin and Olivia - Melinda and I had a blast catching up. Norm - had a blast cooking for us and basically waiting on us. What a guy!!!
Prasie GOD - a divinely planned visit!!!! It couldn't have worked out on just about any other weekend - spontaneously.
Melinda and her (Carl and Christian (TWINS), Erin, and her hubby Carlos) moved to Guatemala to be missionaries. We miss them terribly but the are more needed there. I was so excited that she was coming since I have been praying for direction after our week at Hillsong. Plus - it was great to catch up, be "girly" again and just plain HANG OUT! instead of working, laundry, work, homework.... etc. The weather was beautiful - not a cloud in the sky. I required little sleep from my shift prior... (A minor miracle) AND - everything just fell into place! Praise God!!!


Nat Erin and Ro
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
We had Lou Malnati's Pizza for lunch and Thai food for dinner. We all ordered an entree' and then had a bit of everything. Even the girls partook in this feast. My goal was to put two more pounds on Melinda while she was here - unfortunately I think I did it to myself as well..... We were extremely decadent after the Thai food - we walked up to Borders so Olivia could get a book for the flight home AND stopped at Coldstone Creamary for ICE CREAM!!!!!! Hey - we walked ALL day......



The boat
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
On the left Olivia - on the right Melinda....



Rest
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
We walked all over Chicago.... I think the girls were a wee bit tired.... This was after our visit to the Museum of Science and Industry where we viewd the awesome Body Works Exhibits.....



Mass Transit
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
We had Bus trips....



Erin and Melinda
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
The El experience.....



The Boat 2
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
A boat tour of the river and a lecture on Architecture....



Nat
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
We saw more of Chicago this weekend than we have for the last year - well probably not - but we had fun showing of the Windy City to our friends.



zoo
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
Today we went to the zoo.... Of course this is AFTER my hubby got up and made a huge breakfast (that an exhausted me slept thru - as did my mini me girls Nat and Ro), saw Olivia off, and basically all veg'd till Lunch. Norm - the guy that he is - made a huge feast for us. (thank you Normie) Then we headed off to church (we loved showing off our lil church to them..) - and more exploring of Chicago. The zoo - was the final destination of the day.....



coolness
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
a place in the Children's zoo at Lincoln Park zoo where the girls could escape the heat....



c6
Originally uploaded by Freakrn.
Melinda had to leave just a few short minutes ago and we miss her already. Rowan especially took a liking to her. We had a blast while they were here - all of us. Safe trip home Melinda and Erin - hope to hook up soon with a missions trip to Guatemala!!!! Prayers to you and your family!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Praise God!

Ty

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home