29 November 2005

The turkey


The turkey, originally uploaded by Freakrn.

I trust everyone's Thanksgiving was grand.
We had a great Thanksgiving - despite me working thru the weekend.
Food, fellowship et al!!

First though - the girls got up bright and early
they went downtown for the Marshall Fields Thanksgiving Day Parade




parade 3, originally uploaded by Freakrn.

I understand it was VERY cold this year!!!!
I made the girls wear three layers before they left!!!!




parade 18, originally uploaded by Freakrn.

The Last one........






parade 5, originally uploaded by Freakrn.

I am thankful that my girls get to see a parade up close and personal - of this size.
The parade I went to in Daytona - growing up - was not like this.
Balloons were small enough for Rowan to drag down the street......




parade 22, originally uploaded by Freakrn.

Christmas in the big city doesn't get any better than this......




After the parade, originally uploaded by Freakrn.

After the parade the girls hung out at STARBUCKS for a HOT hot chocolate.
They were a lil chilled despite the three layers of clothes.....

After coming home, getting warmed up.... the girls got busy!!!




Thanksgiving dinner, originally uploaded by Freakrn.

Alot of the recipies were from Emeril's show this year.
The turkey was brined overnight in the fridge in citrus water, brown sugar and something else - don't remember......




Daley Plaza 2005, originally uploaded by Freakrn.

Then.....
girls then went BACK downtown on Friday to see the tree lighting at Daley plaza.
Rowan called me at work to tell me that they said "3....2.....1..." and there were fireworks and bamm - the tree was lite!!!!




Snow angel city style, originally uploaded by Freakrn.

The first snow fall - the first snow angel of the season - City Style!!!

All in all - it was a GREAT holiday weekend.
I now have several days off from work....
I went shopping today and spent WAY to much money at...

Target
Whole Foods
Gap

Now ... shocking as it may seem....
I have to get ready for a DATE with my hubby.......

Baby sitter will be here soon!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home