05 August 2005

Lonely.......

Okay - so I have to work all weekend, starting last night. Nat's birthday is this weekend (it's hard to beeeelieve my lil girl was born 8 years ago this weekend - and I do say weekend cause it was 26 + hours of labor). I suggested to my hubby that going to MI to see Grammie and Grampie for Nat's B-day wouldn't be a bad idea since I am pretty much AWOL at work. I suggested this weeks ago. I did this KNOWING that next weekend we are off on a lil vacation for Nat's Bday celebration....

Well - my girls just took off for MI - presents wrapped, clothes packed, snacks in the cooler... and mommy sitting here alone and pouting. I know that I will be working all weekend and pretty much a zombie when I am home... but I miss the girls. I miss coming home at 0710, crawling into bed and having a curly red haired wild child sneak in and snuggle with me. I miss Nat coming in to my room to wake me up for the day, lay down and tell me her deepest darkest secrets (which really aren't that deep right now... but the thought that she wants to share these with me gives me hope for the teen years...) I may not miss the tif's that drive them into the room to wake me up every 30 mintues - but the thought that they aren't here - makes me ill.....

Last time I make this suggestion.... I think it's going to be a long weekend....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home