15 June 2005

To be inside or outside that is the question????

While I haven't been complaining about the weather - because it has been really nice heat and all - today was BEAUTIFUL! I worked alot on my daughters Thank You card for school and my Father's day card for my pop - but when I was able I was outside in a flash! My girls had a "Birthday Tea Party" to attend to at 1600 - so my husband and I walked them to the party, dropped them off and walked to a restaurant and had a nice dinner! Yes a Dinner ALONE! A date - if you will! It was rather nice. We didn't spend the entire time talking about "the girls." Those of you who are parents can relate..... We talked about life - one of the few times where the "girls" were not the subject matter. (23 hours on the plane might not be bad afterall.... kidding Norm).

It was so nice out that I hated to go home and go to bed for work tonite. (nope tonite is not an insomnia nite - I am actually saving lives...) I actually wanted to grab my book and lay on the hammock downstairs in our "courtyard/backyard" and chill. I also wanted to work on uploading my pictures and trying to link them to the www where you can look at them closer. Here lies the issue - it's so beautiful out I don't want to be on the computer. I NEVER had these tendencies in Michigan. It was always so hot and humid - with nothing to do. Me with my alabaster skin and light blue photosensitive eyes shun the bright sun can't get enough of the outdoors here! I realized - after pondering my options (sleep, read a book outside, computer, scrapbooking, sleep) that I was actually torn between falling asleep reading in the Hammock and falling asleep on the couch.

I had not earth shattering awesome news today, no sound sleep nap, no million dollar windfall - but I have had a wonderful day. I sat and wrote in my journal how (especially compared to a year ago) much our lives have changed after moving here. Among many positive things that have happened or changed in our lives - there is greater appreciation for the every day life that goes on in our family! Praise God - for the weather, the recreational opportunities and the time to do it in.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very glad we moved here. Every aspect of what we do is nicer. Oh, 23 hrs on the plane,,,, I`t will be fun!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home