15 June 2005

Friends


Every Wednesday we have a Bible Study at our place. This summer there are two mission students staying at our church that attend our study - Katie and Desiree'. My girls LOVE them. They are Jesus Freaks as are we. I had to get this photo op tonight because it makes me feel warm and cozy inside to see them embrace strong passionate young ladies for God. Katie and Desiree' - to me - represent positive role models for my girls to look up to. If my girls turned out to possess the half the passion that Desiree' and Katie have - I will be ecstatic. Currently - Nat and Ro know no other way than to be Jesus Freaks - but soon my influence on them will have caved slightly - if not a great deal - to peer pressure and the secular world influences. I try to smother them with as much Christian influence as I can and pray for the times I am not with them.

This again reminded me of a bible passage that I put in my journal often when I am journaling. It IS my favorite. I say it out loud when I am down, I say it out loud when I am troubled and I say it out loud when I am praising God for the little and big things.
Psalm 139 (the whole Psalm) in particular verses 13 - 15.

13 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother's womb.
14 I thank you, High God--you're breathtaking!
Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration--what a creation!
15 You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
16 Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day. (Message Translation)


I recommend journaling, meditating (that's a whole other post), praying, reflecting on this verse. It's a wonderfully feminine verse (sorry guys - to me personally - this is a very girly girl verse).

FOURTEEN MORE DAYS TILL HILLSONG CONFERENCE!!!!!!! We have entered the Two Week Countdown.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home