20 July 2005

I did!!! with God's help....

I did it! By the Grace of God day three down. I had 30 minutes to spare so I went running. I wanted to do something even if it was a brisk walk around the block - just to keep up the momentum... I did it - with God's help. I ran the same 2.5 mi from yesterday in 35 minutes as opposed to the 45 it took me yesterday! Praise God!!

At one point I was dying - (literally) but determined not to stop (or walk). On my pod came "How Great is Our God" sung by Chris Tomlin. It slowed down the pace making it bearable (I am hugely competitive even with myself so I always feel like I should be running harder, faster - not setting a comfortable training pace.... kinda like I am in life..... hmmmmmmm what a thought.....) I started mouthing the words to the song - then at one point I was singing out loud (I was in the park area - with only bums around - although no one would look twice at someone walking down the street talking to themselves in Chicago.....) Nevermind the fact that I try to disguise myself while running (hat on, baggy clothes, looking down not directly ahead.... Praying NOONE see's me pathetically attempting to run....)
The splendor of a King clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice all the earth rejoice
He wraps Himself in light and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice and trembles at His voice

How great is our God sing with me
How great is our God all will see
How great, how great is our God

Age to age He stands and time is in His hands
Beginning and the End Beginning and the End
The Godhead Three in One Father Spirit Son
The Lion and the Lamb The Lion and the Lamb

Name above all names
You are worthy of all praise
My heart will sing


Towards the end - I was probably very loud palms out stretched as I was running. But hey - I could carry on a conversation AND had momentum to finish....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! congrats day three down... now forward to day four, five, six, seven....... I'm with you.....

Ty

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home