25 May 2005

Scrapbooking? a spiritual wake up call???

Hola'

I had a DAY OFF!!!! Praise God!! I wonder if I can get five more minutes of this day?
I had the opportunity (amazingly so - since I woke up before 0800 being the night person that I am) to work on one of my Srapbooking projects and got really into it. I think my husband was getting a little concerned about the dining room table as the time for our Bible Study grew closer and closer. But - never fear - I was able to reconstruct some semblance of "an orderly household" before 1900. See - when I scrap book -(giving the multi-tasking, adhd, ER nurse mentality that I possess), I have at least three rooms occupied with my projects in some sort of state of progress and each individual area is s p r e a d o u t. I also tend to walk by each project, pondering it's meaning, what I want it to convey and how I can to it. Many times I will hop back and forth between projects because an idea will suddenly come to me. This manic thinking drives my husband nutso. He is a - see a project, start it, finish it - type of guy. I tend to be the one with many projects going, all in various stages of completion. (Don't even look at the ever growing stack of pages that I have completed but need to journal on... shhh just walk away from that corner.)
This project I was working on is a "quote book" to pass down to my girls. It is full of bible verses, quotes and songs that have helped me along on my spiritual journey. I will admit, I had to look up alot of the scriptures in my personal bible. (Praise God I highlight and write in my bible...)I also had to do alot of THINKING to remember certain quotes that have shaped my journey. This, I guess, woke me up, like a big slap upside the head (thanks God - I needed that) at how spiritually dry I was. Getting into all the verses I wanted to add to their book started to invigorate me and make me hungry for more. Amazingly I have filled 90% of the book. I still have to do a little embellishing but, I hope to upload a picture of it soon. I have to share it. It was born out of a class I took at my FAVORITE Scrapbooking store... Windy City Scrapbooking and it has grown from there.
I hope to share alot of my projects on this blog - since that was part of the reason I started this blog. I get alot of my ideas - from other scrappers - and have seen a few blogs that intrigued me. I am trying very hard to stick with a christian theme to my scrap booking - since the idea is to pass these books, mini albums and altered art to my children. I love adding scripture, meaningful quotes and hidden journaling. (I swear I am a frustrated writer just looking for an outlet....) So be sure to check back for updates on my projects - I will be posting them. Today's five more minutes was for my scrapbooking time..... I find myself wanting five more minutes of that quite frequently.

Have a Blessed Day!

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home